Private Land Listings

BC Rentals Available Now


9 Acres of Tree Rich Land


This land rental includes full hookup sites or spaces limited to power and water. Features include trails, parks, paid showers and laundry. Close by find coffee shop, liquor store, pharmacy, clinic, and grocery store, all within 10 minutes. Pet friendly.

Contact Ryan Godard

Denman Island, BC

Tiny Home Pad


Full hook up available (septic, power, water and wifi) set up for 50 amp, 30 amp and 120v Beautiful and quiet. Surrounded by large cedars and lush green ferns. A unique conglomerate landscape. Garden space available. Would consider pets. We are looking for long term renters to fill this spot with a month to month agreement. Within 5 mins to the closest beach, store and awesome trails. Monthly rate is $475, utilities and wifi not included.

Call or Text (250) 436-0680

Denman Island, BC

Deluxe Tiny Home Pad

We are preparing a site on our Denman Island property to host a tenant who owns a tiny home. The site will have a gravel base with water a power directly to site. Planning to have the site ready for spring time. Looking for a minimum 1 year stay, hopefully longer. Beautiful southwest facing acreage close to the water with an opportunity for gardening and growing your own food. Email to inquire and let me know about yourself, your tiny home dimensions and power requirements.

Cowichan Lake, BC

Tiny Home Pad

$300 / No Services

$600 / Power Cord

Cowichan Lake is a friendly little town 1.5 hours from Victoria. You would be 10 minutes from Cowichan Lake and 20 min from Duncan. Lots of hiking and other outdoor activities at your doorstep.

Sooke, BC

Small Fenced-In Pad

$500 - $650

Access to power, water, sewer, internet and lawn. You will be only 5 minutes from the Sooke core. Your custom gravel or concrete pad will be installed once the lost is secured. We have several locations on the property that could work depending on required services and size of house.

Contact Noah

Denman Island, BC

Tiny Home Pad


Quiet and beautiful location surrounded by large cedar trees and lush green ferns. It is a unique and beautiful landscape. Within 5 minutes to the closest beach, stores and amazing trails. You also have access to garden space. Pets ok. Long term preferred. Utilities and wifi are not included.

Call or Text (250) 436-0680


Tiny Home Spot On An Organic Farm

Looking for a couple interested in organic farming and a homestead lifestyle. Site could be prepped with power and water for suitable tenant. Composting or incinerating toilet required. Looking to set up a work exchange agreement. Plenty of space for your own garden and animals.

Contact Andrew

Sidney, BC

Trailer Pad Space Available


The space is located near the marine district of Sidney, near great schools and lots of amenities. Room for approximately 30ft trailer or tiny home including full hookup and services.

Contact Sue

(250) 896-9117

Lake Cowichan, BC

Waterfront Tiny Home Pad


Fully serviced, including electrical.

West Shore, BC

Tiny Home Pad for Work Exchange


Lovely, private and clean tiny home pad available, in exchange for help around our farm and home. The site is leveled and compacted, with a landscape fabric layer topped with ¾ crush gravel, and electricity, wifi and potable water lines properly installed to the site. The pad includes a large covered, multi-tiered elevated cedar deck (which was walk-out level for the tiny home converted school bus we previously had on the site), large private fenced yard area, private lines of sight and an adjacent dedicated surfaced parking stall for one vehicle. Also included are hard-wired high-speed internet, well water (tested yearly and we use the same in our home), and use of our beautiful and well-maintained cedar farm composting toilet (aka ‘le palais de poop’). We are valuing the tiny home pad and amenities at $650/month, with an hourly work-trade exchange of $16/hour, increasing to $16.50 after a 3 month probationary period, $17.00 after 6 months, and $17.50 after 1 year. Electricity is not covered and will be metred so you only pay for what you use, and you will need to get insurance to cover yourself and your tiny home while living at our property. Ideally looking for a non-smoking couple, with some experience in horticulture, landscaping and animal husbandry. If we find the right folks for a long-term work exchange, we are open to them having garden space here at the farm and can discuss use of some of our other facilities as well as some potential paid farm work. This situation is ideally suited to folks with a positive and happy outlook on life who are good communicators, flexible, wanting to build their skill sets, and interested in a long term arrangement and home.

Contact Owner

Saanich, BC

Spot for Tiny Home

New spots opening in central Saanich. Please respond with: full name, contact information and the size of your unit.

Malahat Mountain, BC

Tiny Home Mountain Perch

Malahat Mountain with TC Hwy access and 15 mintues from Victoria, yet perched high with total privacy. Septic system not yet there, so composting waste or tank pump-out will be required. Water hook-up to a cistern. Help needed to install submersible pump into deep well. This space will be free to a handy person who can assist in fencing, maintenance, etc. and can also care for 3 horses and 3 chickens. Contract of work to be collaborated on together. Animals welcome.

Contact Owner

Cowichan, BC

1/2 Acre Rural Tiny Home Spot

A great site for your self contained trailer or tiny home. Power and water included - propane or wood heat only. Great spot for the right tenant, on a 3 acre hobby farm. Available Dec 1.

Parking Your Tiny Home In Canada

Travelling or living throughout Canada holds opportunities as well.


Step 1

Check with the Planning Department of your Municipality on the requirements and be sure to get clear interpretation of the requirements.

Step 2

Ask the Planning Department of your Municipality to pilot: apply for a “Temporary Use Permit” to legally park your Tiny house for 1-2 years. In your application with the Planning Department provide as much information as possible about your Tiny House: size, weight, CSA certification or Building Code info, and where you would like to park it. Click here to download an example of “Temporary Use Permit” application to help you in this process.

If you are not allowed to park it, consider moving it to:


For example: Malahat Mountain RV Park, outside Victoria, $500 monthly rent for an RV or Tiny House site in a forest. Keep in mind that most of the bylaws prohibit living in RVs full-time, even in campgrounds. Also check out: Tiny House Listings Canada or

Native Reserve

The rules are mostly determined by the Band, therefore zoning (if and where you can put a tiny house) and building code (if the tiny house needs to be built to CSA or building code standards) is much more flexible. The Band may have its own restrictions, and it is generally impossible to buy land, but long-term leases are sometimes available.

Unincorporated Land - Outside the City Boundaries

In Canada, depending on the province, an unincorporated settlement is one that does not have a municipal council that governs solely over the settlement. It is usually, but not always, part of a larger municipal government. In British Columbia, unincorporated settlements lie outside municipal boundaries entirely, and are administered directly by regional/county-level governments similar to the American system. Check with your Province for details. Here is one example: Hornby Island: Residential 1 – Small Lot (R1) Zone (Galleon Beach, Shingle Spit, Sandpiper, Whaling Station Bay/Anderson Drive and portion of Klaver Lot)

Municipality That Permit Recreational Vehicles

A tiny house that is built to the CSA Z240-RV standard qualifies. Here is one example: Hornby Island (link to the bylaws): Residential 1 – Small Lot (R1) Zone (Galleon Beach, Shingle Spit, Sandpiper, Whaling Station Bay/Anderson Drive and portion of Klaver Lot)

Permitted Uses (1) The following uses are permitted, subject to the regulations set out in this Section and Part 3, and all other uses are prohibited:

  1. Residential use of a dwelling
  2. Residential use of a recreational vehicle complying with CSA Z240-RV Series standards
  3. Accessory uses, buildings and structures, including but not limited to home occupations
  4. Vacation home rental use

Unincorporated Community

A deregulated community where zoning and building inspection services are removed from the area.